Energy performance of electrical and electronic products, more and more the concern of consumers around the world have on the electronic and electrical products are certified energy requirements. TCA has recently launched a certification for the Australian market of MEPS. Australian Government's energy requirements, including low energy consumption standards with the most stickers (MEPS) in two ways.
All of the following electronic products sold in Australia, mandatory sales of energy labels must be attached:
* Refrigerator with ice maker
* Washing machine
* Air conditioning (single phase mandatory, three phase voluntary)
The following products require the most energy consumption in accordance with standards (MEPS) of the basis of control - that provides them the most power consumption levels:
* Refrigerator with ice maker (October 1, 1999 since the implementation of revised on January 1, 2005)
* Main pressure storage type electric water heater (October 1, 1999 from the Executive)
* Small main pressure storage heaters (<80L) and low heat exchange type (October 1, 2005 from the Executive) (AGO in the limits of reference and test methods)
* Three-phase motors (0.73 kilowatts to <185 kW) (October 1, 2001 from the implementation, revision in April 2006)
* Single-phase air-conditioning (October 1, 2004 from the Executive, were amended in 2006,2007, and April 1, 2008)
* Cooling power of 65 kW three-phase air-conditioning (October 1, 2001 since the implementation of revised on October 1, 2007)
* Straight tube fluorescent lamp ballasts (from 1 March 2003). Note In addition to MEPS, the ballast also need to mark out the performance index (EEI).
* Straight tube fluorescent lamps - contain from 550 to 1500 mm and greater than 16 watts lighting power (October 1, 2004 from the Executive)
* Distribution transformers - 11 kV and 22 kV rating of 10 a thousand to 2.5 MVA (October 1, 2004 from the Executive)
* Commercial refrigerator (self-contained and remote control system) (October 1, 2004 from the Executive)
Although these products have not yet included in the compulsory management of the directory, but the near future to meet the energy consumption norms and obtain certification, some products have been identified implementation date.
* External power supply (October 1, 2008 from the Executive);
* Set Top Box (October 1, 2008 from the Executive);
* Home entertainment equipment: (audio and video equipment) (October 1, 2008 from the Executive);
* Hot and cold water dispenser;
* Vending machine;
* Commercial ice machines;
* Lamp Series;